You have poured your heart. You have gone the distance. You have given your best and most powerful energy. Know that you are loved. You are enough. In every cycle, always have time to slow down. Let yourself reflect and restore before new chapter begin.
ANATOMY - Restore (Balsamic Moon) Statement Necklace
- Base - Pure linen, ecoprinted with plants.
- Inner layer - Indigo-dyed paper mulberry barkcloth.
- Outer layer (the moon) - Handwoven peace silk ecoprinted with marigold petals.
- Threads - Cotton yarn dyed with sappanwood, jackfruit wood and indigofera tinctoria.
- Paper mulberry barkcloth beads in original color (off-white) and dyed with belleric fruit skin and indigofera tinctoria (black).
- Clear Quartz (calmness, healing)
- Aventurine (balance, well-being)
- Peridot (purification, relaxation)
Necklace Cord Length: 50 - 75 cm (adjustable)
Pendant: 6.5 cm x 8.5 cm
Naturally-dyed, designed, and handcrafted by Novieta Tourisia. From her Arutala Journal, June 2020.
Arutala in Sanskrit -- the root of our ancestral language -- means rembulan, or how we call the Moon in Bahasa Indonesia. Moon phases -- Putaran Arutala, our ancestral intuition and the magic of womanhood (which beautifully relates to moon cycle) inspired me in birthing this collection.
Memoar Arutala consists of eight particles that interpret eight moon phases: Intention (New Moon), Breathe (Crescent Moon), Create (First Quarter Moon), Trust (Gibbous Moon), Clarity (Full Moon), Gratitude (Disseminating Moon), Giving (Third Quarter Moon), and finally Restore (Balsamic Moon) before it goes back to intention.
It's a loving reminder that every single path has a profound story worth to memorize, and for centuries our ancestors on our dear Earth used to "dance with the moon". The women were especially connected with the moon, understanding their state of mind, body and soul as each moon phase came; and they even calculated the right dates for cultural rituals and agricultural practice based on the moon phase, something that many of us had been disconnected for too long.
Above all, Memoar Arutala is a loving and grateful memorabilia dedicated to the Universe, who gives us herself as a sacred space we call our home.