As you flow with your intention, the Yin energy of Waxing Crescent Moon reminds you to breathe and slow down. Have some time to rest and gaze at the night sky with love, invite balance and tune in with yourself before moving forward.
ANATOMY - Breathe (Crescent Moon) Statement Necklace
- Base - Pure linen, ecoprinted with plants.
Inner layer - Indigo-dyed paper mulberry barkcloth.
Outer layer (the moon) - Ecoprinted and sappanwood-dyed paper mulberry barkcloth.
- Threads - Cotton yarn, dyed with sappanwood, avocado pits and teak leaves.
- Paper mulberry barkcloth bead dyed with jackfruit wood and marigolds
- Carnelian (harmony, emotional warmth)
- Rose Quartz (self-love, caring, kindness)
Necklace Cord Length: 50 - 75 cm (adjustable)
Pendant: 6.5 cm x 8.5 cm
Naturally-dyed, designed, and handcrafted by Novieta Tourisia. From her Arutala Journal, June 2020.
1. a historical account or biography written from personal knowledge or special sources.
· an autobiography or a written account of one's memory of certain events or people.
2. an essay on a learned subject.
Arutala in Sanskrit -- the root of our ancestral language -- means rembulan, or how we call the Moon in Bahasa Indonesia. Moon phases -- Putaran Arutala, our ancestral intuition and the magic of womanhood (which beautifully relates to moon cycle) inspired me in birthing this collection.
Memoar Arutala consists of eight particles that interpret eight moon phases: Intention (New Moon), Breathe (Crescent Moon), Create (First Quarter Moon), Trust (Gibbous Moon), Clarity (Full Moon), Gratitude (Disseminating Moon), Giving (Third Quarter Moon), and finally Restore (Balsamic Moon) before it goes back to intention.
It's a personal reminder for me -- which I sincerely hope to inspire you -- that every single path has a profound story worth to memorize, and for centuries our ancestors on our dear Earth used to "dance with the moon". The women were especially connected with the moon, understanding their state of mind, body and soul as each moon phase came; and they even calculated the right dates for cultural rituals and agricultural practice based on the moon phase, something that many of us had been disconnected for too long.
Above all, Memoar Arutala is a loving and grateful memorabilia dedicated to the Universe, who gives us herself as a sacred space we call our home.