This versatile craft kit was made because we love YOU, and we received questions around providing craft workshops related to natural dye, textiles and barkcloth. Since the time has been interesting and challenging in the past year, our ability to gather physically is also reduced.
However, this gave us an idea to providing you with some basic materials and tools to get you started on your creative journey that you can do at home -- one of them is this craft kit.
Inside each kit, you will get:
- 1 pc A4 size Ranta Béa (paper mulberry barkcloth) in its natural broken white
- 2 pcs small cuts of plant-dyed Ranta*
- 4 pcs plant-dyed fabrics**
- 4 pcs A5-size plant-dyed papers
- 2 pcs A5-size recycled papers
- 1 pc raw cotton yarn (10m)
- 3 pcs plant-dyed cotton yarn (each 5m)
- 8 pcs plant-dyed wooden beads (various colors)
- 1 embroidery needle
- 1 awl punch
- A booklet of ideas on what you can make with the craft kit
(*) Brown barkcloth is from Nunu (Ficus sp) bark, naturally brown. Others are paper mulberry barkcloth that we dyed with Jackfruit wood for yellow, Noni root bark for red, and mixture of Noni root bark with Indigofera tinctoria for black.
(**) The fabrics are in various sizes and made of different materials, including silk, organic cotton, and tencel.
And here are some of the wonderful things you can make with our craft kit:
- Handstitched notebook
- Art journal
- Concertina book
- Greeting card
- Mix media collage
- Photo frame
- . . . and feel free to go beyond these ideas!
All of our handmade goods and wearable poetry are wrapped in zero waste, mindful packaging. We have no uniformity in our packagings, we use what we have, and like you, each is truly one-of-a-kind.